I asked one of my friends who has crossed 65 and is heading to 80. What sort of change he is feeling in him.
He sent me the following very interesting lines, which I would like to share with you all…
1) After loving my parents, my siblings, my spouse, my children, my friends, now I have started loving myself.
2) I just realised that I am not “Atlas.” The world does not rest on my shoulders.
3) I now stopped bargaining with vegetable and fruit vendors. After all, a few Rupees more is not going to burn a hole in my pocket but it might help the poor fellow save for his daughter’s school fees.
4) I pay the taxi driver without waiting for the change. The extra money might bring a smile on his face. After all he is toiling much harder for a living than me.
5) I stopped telling the elderly that they’ve already narrated that story many times. After all, the story makes them walk down the memory lane and relive the past.
6) I have learnt not to correct people even when I know they are wrong. After all, the onus of making everyone perfect is not on me. Peace is more precious than perfection.
7) I give compliments freely and generously. After all, it’s a mood enhancer not only for the recipient, but also for me.
8) I have learnt not to bother about a crease or a spot on my shirt. After all, personality speaks louder than appearances.
9) I walk away from people who don’t value me. After all, they might not know my worth, but I do.
10) I remain cool when someone plays dirty politics to outrun me in the rat race. After all, I am not a rat and neither am I in any race.
11) I am learning not to be embarrassed by my emotions. After all, it’s my emotions that make me human.
12) I have learnt that its better to drop the ego than to break a relationship. After all, my ego will keep me aloof whereas with relationships I will never be alone*.
13) I have learnt to live each day as if it’s the last. After all, it might be the last.
14) I am doing what makes me happy. After all, I am responsible for my happiness, and I owe it to me.
*I decided to send this to many, because why do we have to wait for so long, why can’t we practice this at any stage and age…….?*